Activations Scheduled for 8-31 and 9-1

This Forum is designed for POTA. This includes group activities, best practices, and member experiences.
JamesKW5CW
Site Admin

Activations Scheduled for 8-31 and 9-1

Post by JamesKW5CW »

I have stepped up the number of POTA activations within the last few days.

Presently, I have activations scheduled at Hagerman WildLife Refulge - today - 1/31/2023 starting at 3PM.

The first activation scheduled for tomorrow starts early at 8AM at The Eisenhower State Park.

The 2nd activation scheduled for tomorrow starts at around 2PM at The Eisenhower Birthplace.

Anyone wishing to see a POTA activation, whether in CW or SSB are encouraged to join me at these POTA locations.

I will be there not only to have fun, but to extend to anyone who shows up on how to do what they would like to do while activating a park at a POTA event. Come and see what it's all about.

73, James KW5CW
JamesKW5CW
Site Admin

Re: Activations Scheduled for 8-31 and 9-1

Post by JamesKW5CW »

Activation Update...

The activation at the Hagerman Wildlife refuge went on without a hitch. It was a great day with propagation and I made almost 200 contact while at this location.

Today on 9/1, my intentions were to be at the Eisenhower state park starting at 8:00AM. Obviously I'm not at the park at the designated time, as I am typing this note, but I should be at the park before 9:30AM. Plans are still to be at this location until 1PM and then move over to the Birthplace to activate it. My hopes are to be at that location until dark.

The offer still stands. Come out and join me, and I'll give any newcomer the grand tour regarding POTA.

I can be reached via 147.00 repeater or 146.52 simplex. If you don't reach me on the repeater, you can call me on the simplex frequency when you get close to the park. I am using an ANYTONE 868 handheld with a short rubber duck antenna, so don't have much antenna power here. But if you are close we should not have an issue. I will direct you where I'm at when you arrive.

73, and see you sometime today!

JamesKW5CW