CW Tutorials

This Forum is for all of those interested in CW.
MichaelKI5ZIQ

CW Tutorials

Post by MichaelKI5ZIQ »

What is a good tutorial for learning code?
JamesKW5CW
Site Admin

Re: CW Tutorials

Post by JamesKW5CW »

Mike,

CHeck out the following website.

https://morsecode.ninja/

My friend from Kansas put up the website and he has tons of practice material available to learn morse code.

James - KW5Cw
CynthiaK5EKA

Re: CW Tutorials

Post by CynthiaK5EKA »

I'm using MorseMania on my iPhone. It's great!
After going through the Levels (1 - 19) that drill you on the alphabet, you can do the numbers and punctuation levels.
There are 26 levels that practice words and callsigns and 30 levels that practice phrases and sentences. I like to set it to give me the audio and then click on the ? to see the dots and dashes visually. Helps my brain register what it's hearing.

Cynthia K5EKA
JamesKW5CW
Site Admin

Re: CW Tutorials and POTA activations

Post by JamesKW5CW »

Cynthia,

I did send you a separate note regarding my plans to go out and do a POTA activation today which is Saturday, August 26th. I will be doing a CW activation, and if you come along, you can see first-hand what it takes to do a CW activation. This goes for anyone who would like to tag along.

Anyone is invited to tag along during my activations. If you are not interested in CW, that's ok. We can do a SSB activation together. I do both. In matter of fact, I also do digital activations using the modes of FT8 and FT4, so if interested in going out to a park to see what an activation may be like, anyone is welcome to share in the fun at the park. The three parks that are very close to Sherman are The Eisenhower Park, known as K-3005, the Eisenhower birthplace, known at K-6553 and Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge, known as K-0548.

It's a lot of fun. I hope you decide to come along soon.

73, James KW5CW