POTA CW

This Forum is for all of those interested in CW.
JamesKW5CW
Site Admin

POTA CW

Post by JamesKW5CW »

As most members know, I am a fairly active CW operator that loves to activate parks throughout the state. Recently, I activated eighteen different states in a recent trip to the northern part of the country and back again.

Special interest groups were created about a year ago, and a CW interest Group was created. As expected, only a few people expressed interest in the club and the group never took hold within the GCARC.

For me, that's ok because CW is just one mode of operation presented to amateur radio operators. If you are interested in CW, great. If you are just interested in Voice or Digital communications, that's great too. As it is easy to understand, there is a wide variety of interest in the different facets of amateur radio.

With that said, I just wanted to invite others to come along while I activate a local park in the area using the mode of CW. If you ever wanted to experience POTA CW, you are always welcome to come along.

Contact me at via email and we can schedule a date and time that we can run some POTA CW. Who knows? You may like it and may want to learn how it's done.

Regardless, I just wanted to inform everyone that the offer is open if you would like to tag along to see how activating a park on CW happens.

73 to All

James - KW5CW